Vehicle Storage at Best Security Storage
Extra Storage Spaces For Your Vehicles
Best Security Storage has stepped up to meet the storage needs of car owners by offering safe, monitored space for you to keep your car, boat or RV. Whether you just need a place to park it outside for a couple of weeks or are looking for a second space to store your extra vehicles, our safe and secure facility may have precisely what you need.
Helpful Tips For Outdoor Car Storage:One of the best steps you can take to protect your vehicle from the accumulation of mold, rust, and mildew is to clean the inside and outside of your car thoroughly.
- Use an all weather car cover with secure attachments to protect your car in all types of weather, and make sure windows and doors are completely closed before you put the cover on.
- Thoroughly wash, dry and wax the outside of your vehicle – a thick coat of quality wax is especially important to protect your car’s finish from outdoor decay, particularly rust.
- Cover the exhaust pipes with a plastic cap, or stuff steel wool into the pipes, to stop rodents from nesting inside the vehicle while it is in an outdoor auto storage facility.
- Fill the gas tank to full to prevent rust from accumulating on the inside of the tank and to prevent oxidation in the fuel system.
- Use an interior car polish to condition the dash, steering wheel and any other plastic or leather components inside the car.
- Vacuum the inside of your car thoroughly, paying attention to areas under the seats.
- Remove all car mats and seat covers to prevent moisture from accumulating under these surfaces.
- Add a quality fuel stabilizer just before you store the car to extend the life of the fuel.
- Change all of your auto’s liquids – including oil, coolant and brake fluids.
- Remove the vehicle’s battery to protect the life of the battery.
- Check your vehicle’s manual for recommendations on what type of gear to leave the car in while it is stored.
Vehicle Storage Needs
Determine whether the goods you are storing will be better protected by placing them in boxes, totes, or other containers. You may need to purchase specialized boxes and other materials to protect your items during the move and while they are stowed away.
BOAT & RV STorage
Thoroughly clean, disinfect and dry refrigerators, freezers, stoves and other appliances that are being stored. Appliances with doors can be stored with the door slightly open to avoid mold growth, and some can be stacked on top of each other.